The Best Fun Videos About Books & Reading

I’m sure there are plenty of fun videos out there about books and reading, and I hope readers will point me in the direction of others besides the ones on this list.

You might also be interested in A Collection Of The Best “Laugh While You Cry” Videos about teaching.

I’ve used the videos on this list both as “discussion starters” and as fun ways to end a class when I have a few minutes of “extra” time left:

Here’s the famous “Gotta Keep Reading” video from Ocoee Middle School:

Here’s what books do at night when we’re not looking:

Here’s a fun combination of library scenes from movies and TV shows:

“The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore” won the Oscar for Best Animated Short this year. It’s described as taking:

…place in a world where books are living creatures. It offers sentimental tale about the power of books and storytelling.

Here it is:

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore from Kurahayashi on Vimeo.

Here’s a Rube Goldberg machine that turns the pages of your newspaper:

Here’s one on organizing a bookcase:

Book Dominoes:

A maze grows in London is a Washington Post slideshow and Artists create maze using 250,000 books is a CBS News slideshow — both about the same event. Even though they’re not videos, I’m adding them to this list.

The Atlantic published a great story headlined Taking Literature To The Streets, and it shares lots of fun ideas where people are “using guerrilla marketing tactics to promote reading.”

One they featured is about a Brazilian project that combines subway tickets with books:

Here’s a Voice Of America story about a vending machine offering free books to children:

It’s not a video, but here a links to a couple of great stories about vending machines in France that offer free short stories.

As I mentioned earlier, I hope you’ll recommend more!

If you found this post useful, you might want to consider subscribing to this blog for free.

You might also want to explore the 900 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.

1. Pingback: The Best Fun Videos About Books & Reading | Larry Ferlazzo's … | Books Palace

2. Pingback: The Best Fun Videos About Books & Reading | Tati Mancebo

3. Hey Larry!

Here’s another good one that might be popular with high school aged kids. It’s a spoof on “I’m on a boat” for a summer reading program done by a high school in my district.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxtzBVbcQWM&list=UUJWxwfrLVcnR0x8O2Qs8QUQ&index=18&feature=plcp

4. Thanks, Larry. Splendid collection!

5. Pingback: bookwars - Some great videos about books

6. Pingback: Useful links (Weekly) « Rhondda's Reflections – wandering around the Web