The Best Posts & Articles On Building Influence & Creating Change

'Change Allley sign' photo (c) 2008, Matt Brown - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I’ve written A LOT about how to help students enhance their feelings of intrinsic motivation and help them want to change their behavior and attitudes.

Many of us would also like to make change occur in our schools, districts, and in broader policy areas. Obviously, that’s a particular interest of mine, too, after spending nineteen years as a community organizer prior to becoming a teacher.

Here’s the beginning of a list my choices for The Best Posts & Articles On Building Influence & Creating Change:

I’ve got to start with must-read review of Robert Caro’s new biography of LBJ, written by David Frum and appearing in Newsweek, Read Book, Obama!

I’ve written a number of posts linking to additional resources, including:

Do You Want To “Build Influence”?

The Art And Value Of Compromise

The Best Sites To Learn About Saul Alinsky

“what does guy really want?”

Is A Great Passage For Learning How To Make Change

Dancing Guy: Why teachers should ignore his advice

Knowledge Isn’t Power — “Power is Power”

Importance Advice For Anyone Who Wants To Be Effective At Making Change

If You Want To Influence People To Change, Then You Want To Read Atul Gawande’s New Article

Why we can’t all get along over school reform

The Role Of Technology In Progressive Social Change

Teachers Must Help Determine New Ideas Being Implemented is one of my posts at Education Week Teacher.

What “School Reformers” — And All Of Us — Can Learn From Pope Francis About Creating Change

My Holiday Gift To You…

TV Shows: Thinking “West Wing” In A “House Of Cards” World is by Alexander Russo. The Melian Dialogue is a classic tool used by community organizers to illustrate the importance of living in the world “as it is” instead of “as we’d like it to be,” and Alexander effectively uses the contrast in the two TV shows to demonstrate the same lesson about making political change.

This Is The Best Piece I’ve Seen On The Role Of Social Media In Making Social Change

Additional suggestions are welcome.

You might want to look at my 900 other “The Best…” lists and consider subscribing to blog.