The Best Posts On Helping Students Teach Their Classmates — Help Me Find More

Regular readers of this blog know I’m a big proponent of students teaching other students.

I’ve published several posts on the topic, but am hoping readers will point me in the direction of others.

Here is a beginning list of The Best Posts On Helping Students Teach Their Classmates (it’s just a beginning):

Teaching Students To Teach (& What School Reformers Are Missing)

“What I Cannot Create, I Do Not Understand”

This Lesson Is Great, Though I’m Not So Sure About Using Khan As A Model

“What If?” Slideshows From My English Language Learner Students

Additional suggestions are always welcome.

If you found this post useful, you might want to consider subscribing to this blog for free.

You might also want to explore the over 800 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.

This is a very interesting post. All through my student years and even now, I have found great benefit from learning and teaching from peers.

You need no introduction on Themeefy, since you had written about us a few months back. I am only thankful for you spreading the good word about us.

I my vision for Themeefy has always been that it will aid in the socratic method of learning, and let peers teach each other. Given any topic or problem, everyone goes out and seeks the truth or learns about it in their own ways. They create their own Themeefy Mags and then come and share it in the group.

This way, through repeating the same topic from different perspectives (because no two Themeefy Mags will be different) and by looking at a wide variety of learning materials (videos, links, tweets, notes) from the web, the entire group learns the topic.

I write to ask your opinion on two things -

First, would you agree to this hypothesis that I made above ? Your word as an experienced educator matters the most and I would love to hear your thoughts.

Second, how can we do something better, to make Themeefy a better peer learning / classroom learning tool ?

Just to let you know, apart from working on Themeefy, we have also started a blog on EdTech, where we share resources on EdTech. You may find this specific post interesting

http://beyondtextbooks.tumblr.com/post/21379516597/technology-in-the-classroom-and-beyond

I will keep an eye on other self-learning / peer-learning tools and let you know. Look forward to reading more from your blog and learning.

Kind regards,
    Titash Neogi

2. When students teach each other, each benefit. See Teaching and Helping Students Think and Do Better.

Another point: What are we to teach? My point is that we need to stress basic principles. See Rational Thinking, Government Policies, Science, and Living. Rational thinking starts with clearly stated principles, continues with logical deductions, and then examines empirical evidence to possibly modify the principles.