Regular readers of this blog know I’m a big proponent of students teaching other students.

I’ve published several posts on the topic, but am hoping readers will point me in the direction of others.

Here is a beginning list of The Best Posts On Helping Students Teach Their Classmates (it’s just a beginning):

The Best Ideas On Peer Review Of Student Writing

Students as Teachers in the Classroom is the headline of one of my Education Week Teacher columns – it’s a four-part series on this very topic!

Teaching Students To Teach (& What School Reformers Are Missing)

“What I Cannot Create, I Do Not Understand”

This Lesson Is Great, Though I’m Not So Sure About Using Khan As A Model

“What If?” Slideshows From My English Language Learner Students

Important Study: “Expecting to teach enhances learning, recall”

How to Use the Reciprocal Learning Strategy is from Cult of Pedagogy.

Statistic Of The Day: Study Finds Students Tutoring Classmates Helps Everybody

Slate Publishes The Weirdest Article About Students Teaching Others, But It Has Some Useful Info

Here’s My Chapter On Elements Of A Successful Lesson, Along With Student Hand-Outs THEY Use To Teach

Here’s a guest post that appeared in Doug Lemov’s blog on peer tutoring.

Doug Lemov has a Part Two guest post on peer tutoring.

Here’s How My Students Taught Their Classmates A Social Studies Unit – Handouts Included

The Art Of Peer Teaching is from 3 Star Learning Experience.

Should Students Explain Their Thinking? Not Always, Research Says is from Ed Week. It’s a helpful study, though I think it uses a “straw man.” It basically says that student self-explanation is effective as long as they’re giving a correct one. It’s difficult for me to believe that many teachers don’t use guidance to ensure that this is the case. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen researchers use straw men to prove their point.

Here’s A Lesson – & A Template – That Intermediate ELL Students Taught Beginners

Want to ace an exam? Tell a friend what you learned is from Science Daily.

The Benefits Of Students Acknowledging Help They Receive From Classmates

“Everyone Is A Teacher” Is A New Engagement Strategy I’m Using & It Seems To Be Working

Is peer feedback the most effective way to teach? appeared on Medium.

Guest Post: Advanced ELLs Write About Their Summer School Experience Tutoring Newcomers

Creating an Effective Book Buddies Program: No More Magical Thinking is from Timothy Shanahan.

Peers Guide 9th Graders Through ‘Make-or-Break’ Year is from Ed Week.

A Fourth Step: “I Do, We Do, You Do” and then “You Teach”

Peer Teaching Through Expert Groups is a video from The Teaching Channel that showcases an ELL classroom.

Guest Post: Using A “Jigsaw” In Math Class

How Our Intermediate ELLs Taught Our Beginner ELLs About World War One Today

Incorporating Students’ Perspectives in the Design of Peer Review Activities is by Adam Loretto, Sara DeMartino, and Amanda Godley. What Do High School Students Think About Peer Review? is by the same authors.

Here Are The Two End-Of-Year Projects Students Do In My TOK Classes

Learning by teaching others is extremely effective – a new study tested a key reason why is from Research Digest.

GREAT REBUKE TO “THOSE WHO CAN, DO; THOSE WHO CAN’T, TEACH”

‘Peer instruction’ makes students more active learners is from The Hechinger Report.

OUR AFTER-SCHOOL PEER TUTORING PROGRAM FOR ELLS – STUDENT HANDOUTS INCLUDED!

Want Students to Remember What They Learn? Have Them Teach It. is from Ed Surge.

STUDY FINDS EVEN “LIGHTLY TRAINED” TUTORS CAN HAVE MAJOR IMPACT ON STUDENT LEARNING

Here Are Step-By-Step Instructions For A Flashcard Activity I Do With My ELL Newcomers

New Research Review Finds Small Group & Peer Instruction Effective

A LOOK BACK: THIS IS INTERESTING: HATTIE SAYS JIGSAW STRATEGY HITS A HOMERUN

A Research-Backed Toolkit of What Works—and Doesn’t Work—in Education is from Edutopia.

Study Highlights Intriguing Combo Of Retrieval Practice & Students Teaching Their Classmates

Improving learning-by-teaching without audience interaction as a generative learning activity by minimizing the social presence of the audience. is a new study that highlights a well-researched finding (that students learn a topic well when they have to teach it), tries to add a new twist to it (finding that students learn more when they create a video about it than when they teach to other students in-person), but totally misses a key element (in the study, it appears they were teaching to people they didn’t know, while in school, they would be teaching to their classmates/friends). The key point doesn’t totally negate their conclusions, but I think it raises an important question about them. Nevertheless, I’m adding this info to this list, because having students teach-by-video could be a nice change-of-pace.

Additional suggestions are always welcome.

If you found this post useful, you might want to consider subscribing to this blog for free.

You might also want to explore the over 800 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.