I’m doing a unit on writing a story with my Beginning English Language Learners, and, since I’m taking them to the computer lab tomorrow, I wanted to see if I could pull together some useful online interactives for them.

I’m sure I’ll be adding to this list, and I welcome your suggestions.

You might also be interested in The Best Websites To Help Beginning Readers ; The Best Resources For Learning How To Write Response To Literature Essays and A Beginning List Of The Best Folklore & Myth Sites.

Here are my choices for The Best Sites For Learning About Writing A Story:

Here Are The Ten Downloadable Graphic Organizers I Use With ELL Beginners To Write A Story

Here’s My Entire ELL Beginners Seven-Week Unit On Writing A Story (Including Hand-outs & Links)

Elements Of A Story comes from Annenberg.

Brainpop, Jr. has some nice accessible movies, though, of course, you have to pay for them or get a free trial:

Setting

Character

Plot

Flocabulary has a video on storytelling elements that’s not accessible to English Language Learners, but they do have a simple graphic organizer that could be useful.

HOW IN THE WORLD AM I JUST LEARNING ABOUT “TEACHING BOOKS”?!

Here’s How I Adapted My ELL Beginner’s Story-Writing Unit For Concurrent Teaching

Additional suggestions are encouraged, please.

You might also want to explore the over 900 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.