Extrinsic motivation has been shown to work for more mechanical tasks (not higher-ordering thinking), so this comic strip might model a successful strategy in this instance 🙂
About The Author
I'm a high school teacher in Sacramento, CA.
June 17, 2012
August 25, 2010
December 25, 2017
Most popular posts
- Answers To "What Do You Do On The First Day Of School?"
- List Of Knowledge Questions My TOK Students Are Using This Year For Their Oral Presentations
- The Best Online Virtual "Corkboards" (or "Bulletin Boards")
- The Best Resources For Helping Teachers Use Bloom's Taxonomy In The Classroom
- Very Interesting Video: "How To Stay Motivated - The Locus Rule"
- The Best Places To Get The "Same" Text Written For Different "Levels"
- The Best Sites For Learning About The World's Different Cultures
- What Is The Accurate Edison Quote On Learning From Failure?
- Wow! Wordwall Looks Like A Great - & Free - Site For Creating Online Learning Games
- The Best Websites For Creating Online Learning Games
- “Laughter in the Classroom”
- Classroom Instruction Resources Of The Week
- This Week’s “Round-Up” Of Useful Posts & Articles On Ed Policy Issues
- July Was The Hottest Month In Recorded History – Here Are New Resources For Learning About Climate Change
- A Look Back: My Growth Mindset Lessons Usually Go Well, But What I Did Today Was The Best Yet (Student Hand-Outs Included)