Nice Infographic On “Smart Teaching”

(NOTE: Check-out An Even MORE Useful Infographic On “Smart Teaching”)

I found this useful infographic on ASCD’s infographics site on Pinterest (originally from Jeremy Mavis):

1. Not sure why the scripture quotes were included, which distracts from the content. Doesn’t offend me, but may others. I like what the infographic depicts about why brain compatibility is key to learning. Too many teachers resort to the tired methods of lecture. Boring for everyone, especially the teacher!

2. Great Post! The original file is found on the Web site of the infographic’s designer, and contains links to both the “Christian” version with Bible verses, and a more secular version with the verses omitted. See http://chrislema.com/sticky-teaching/

Would have been nice had the designer included references for the brain research reportedly used to create the infographic.

3. Pingback: Nice Infographic On “Smart Teaching” | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of … | Christian Dailys

4. Glad to have the omitted version to share with those who might be offended. Geez, staying politically correct takes a lot of work, so thanks for the clarification. It’s a valuable infographic to share, with or without words from scripture.