“How Do You Spend Your Day?”

Every year, the Bureau of Labor Statistics does a survey on how Americans spend their time. And, in most recent years, The New York Times and/or The Wall Street Journal does some kind of cool interactive infographic using the results.

You can see their previous creations from previous years at:

The Best Infographics Of 2011

The Best Infographics — 2010

The Best Interactive Infographics — 2009

This year is no exception.

The Wall Street Journal has just published a new “How Do You Spend Your Day?” interactive for 2011. In it, they ask you to “Enter the amount of time you spend on each activity on a typical day to see how you compare with the 2011 average.”

1. Mr. Larry,

Hey, it’s Keith Tardibuono again from EDM 310. I have really enjoyed both of the posts I have read on your blog. This one was fun because I was able to see how I compared to the rest of the world in going throughout my day. Turns out I eat a lot more than the world does and I sleep much, much less. All of these results were not astonishing new pieces of information that I would never expect, however, they did put some points in perspective for me. With the whole sleep, I should probably work on that. Thank you for your post.

Keith tardibuono