The Best Places On The Web To Write Lesson Plans — Who Have I Missed?

'Lesson Planning' photo (c) 2012, Kevin Jarrett - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

We’re not required to prepare formal lessons though, obviously, skilled teachers do tons of planning. About the only time I write up formal lessons is when I have to communicate what I do in the classroom for one of my books.

However, I know that other teachers aren’t so lucky, and have to write up many formal lesson plans. So I went looking for sites that make it as painless as possible, including allowing automatic inserts of Common Core standards. In order to be on this list, they need to offer free versions, though most offer very inexpensive premium versions that provide nice features.

I’m sure I’ve missed ones out there, so I hope that readers will contribute suggestions.

You might also be interested in The Best Places To Find Free (And Good) Lesson Plans On The Internet.

Here are my choices for The Best Places On The Web To Write Lesson Plans:

Core Planner

Planbook EDU

Planboard

Common Curriculum

Countdown For Teachers

10 Great Lesson Planning Templates and Resources is from The Teaching Channel.

All feedback is welcome.

1. Look at Betterlesson.com

2. Pingback: The Teacher’s Survival Kit for Lesson Planning! Tips & 1000s of Free Lesson Plans : Teacher Reboot Camp

3. You might also take a look at http://www.StudyHelpsite.net. This is a new, free webtool for teachers, students and parents. The cool thing is that while teachers plan and organize they are automatically communicating with students and parents. Teachers can even plan ahead and set it to publish at a later date. Lessons can be easily modified and copied. The system even sends reminders to verify the accuracy of lessons that were set-up in the past to make sure everything still applies.