The Best Videos Showing The Importance Of Asking Good Questions — Help Me Find More

I’ve previously posted The Best Posts & Articles About Asking Good Questions and now I’m starting to compile videos of movie or TV scenes that demonstrat the importance of asking good questions.

I’m hoping that readers will point me in the direction of others and I’ll add them. I’m starting off with just a few courtroom examination scenes, but I’d like to get a variety of situations. I’m sometimes using TubeChop to show the most useful segments from longer clips, and I don’t think they will show up in an RSS Readers. So, subscribers will have to click through to seem them.

Here are my choices for The Best Videos Showing The Importance Of Asking Good Questions:

Here’s one from “My Cousin Vinny” — Unfortunately, I can’t seem to embed it here, but here’s the direct link to the video clip. The first five minutes are the best to use.

Here’s a clip from “Legally Blonde”:

I’m adding these clips of reporters interviewing public figures to this list. Here are a few:

Mike Wallace from CBS News:

The Frost Nixon Watergate full interview part 1:

And this oldie but goodie from The BBC: “Robin Day Confronts the Japanese Foreign Minister and is accused of treachery”:

Was there anyone ever better at asking questions than Peter Falk as Detective Columbo?

This short promo for Katie Couric’s show is’t much, but the tagline at the end is great:

And this is just a fun clip from Monty Python And The Holy Grail that communicates how important and powerful questions can be:

Here’s a good scene from one of the Star Wars movies:

Applicants Should Ask Good Questions During Job Interviews is the title of a short video news report from NY1. Its not embeddable, but a nice bonus at the site is the transcript is right below the clip.

Jennifer Marten came up with a great idea — why not also show a video demonstrating the dangers in asking bad questions. Here’s the Monty Python scene she recommended:

From “Invictus”:

From Dan Pink:

Additional suggestions are welcome.

If you found this post useful, you might want to consider subscribing to this blog for free.

You might also want to explore the nearly 900 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.

1. Pingback: Success » Weekly Post (weekly)

2. Pingback: The Best Videos Showing The Importance Of Asking Good Questions — Help Me Find More | Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | Teachers TechTeachers Tech