The Best Funny Movie/TV Clips Of Bad Teachers

Thanks to recommendations from readers, I’ve now turned this post into a “The Best…” list

A lesson I’m developing (which I’ll ultimately post here) needs a few short funny video clips showing bad teachers in action. I’ve previously posted The Best Places To Learn About (And View Video Clips Of) Teachers In The Movies, but that list is primarily about good teaching.

There are plenty of serious clips of bad teachers, but I need funny ones — that are also not that disrespectful of students (like this famous Senfeld as history teacher one).

Here are my choices for The Best Funny Clips Of Bad Teachers:

There’s this one of Ben Stein in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”

MrWrubleski recommended this from a funny Canadian show:

Neil recommended these two:

Jennfer Martin suggested these from a show called “Good Luck Charlie” (those clips have been deleted, but you can see more at the show’s YouTube channel).

More suggestions are welcome!

1. Hoping this is a spoof! If not, it’s sad.

2. It might be “cheating,” but here’s a clip of a bad teacher from the movie, Bad Teacher. Keep in mind Cameron Diaz’s character is hungover:

Also, he got better, but Arnold in “Kindergarten Cop” started out sort of rough:

3. These are funny and cathartic. It’s not so funny, but maybe you could use the scene in The Visitor, early in the film, when a student goes to his professor’s office hours to turn in a late paper.

4. Here’s another hungover teacher scene:

There should tons of good clips from the Simpsons too.

5. Father Guido Sarducci’s Five Minute University

6. Probably one of the funniest I have seen. a good example of how not to teach EFL,

but the teacher did get them in the end!

7. Does anyone have a clip of The Fonz teaching engine repair? I saw it once and he was really good.

8. I’m definitely using a bunch of these suggestions and those on the other two posts (more of bad teachers and online videos showing teachers in the classroom) to spark conversation in my Philosophy 100 class about creating an intellectually safe classroom community. This was a random google find which turned out to be a gold mine for what I am looking for. Thanks.