'flip' photo (c) 2009, Steve Hardy - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

Check out my two-part Education Week Teacher series on the flipped classroom here

Here’s a second two-part series I did on the topic at Ed Week.

I’m a bit wary/skeptical about whole “Flipped Classroom” idea and how it works in practice.

Diana Laufenberg spoke for me, also, in some of her tweets about the concept:

But I’m still open to learning, and I invite your suggestions for additions to list. In the meantime, though, here are some posts that some of my questions more eloquently than I could:

The Flipped Classroom: Pro and Con is by Mary Beth Hertz and appeared in Edutopia.

‘Flipping’ classrooms: Does it make sense? is by Valerie Strauss at The Washington Post.

Three Questions To Consider Before We All Flip is by Richard Byrne.

Should You Flip Your Classroom? is by Ramsey Musallam and appeared in Edutopia.

Flipping for the Flipped Classroom Seems To Be the Trend but Not for Me is by Pernille Ripp.

I’ve Copyrighted “Flipped Classroom” is by Troy Cockrum.

Flipped classrooms: Let’s change the discussion is by Brian Bennett.

And here are some posts that appear to provide a fair amount of details on how to go about implementing it if you decide to do so:

Flipped Classroom Resources is a Google Doc from Dan Spencer.

Five Best Practices for the Flipped Classroom by Andrew Miller appeared in Edutopia.

How to Flip Your Classroom – and Get Your Students to Do the Work is by Peter Pappas.

Flipping The Classroom… A Goldmine of Research and Resources To Keep You On Your Feet is from Michael Gorman.

Educators Evaluate ‘Flipped Classrooms’ is from Education Week.

The Flip: End of a Love Affair is by Shelley Wright. Top Ed-Tech Trends of 2012: The Flipped Classroom is by Audrey Watters. Michelle has written a useful post at her blog on Flippin’ for ESL. If you’re an ESL teacher, I’d suggest it’s a “must-read.” In her post, he infographic from Daniel Grafton, which I think anyone exploring the idea of a Flipped Classroom would find helpful.

The Fuss Over Flipped Classrooms

Not Flipping for Flipped is by Josh Stumpenhorst.

Here’s a useful slideshow, The Flipped Classroom: Getting Started, by Peter Pappas:

‘Introduction to Ancient Rome,’ the Flipped Version is from The Chronicle of Higher Education.

The Condensed Classroom is from The Atlantic.

Three Tools for Improving Flipped Video Lessons is a new post from Richard Byrne.

Turning Education Upside Down is from The New York Times.

Flipped Classrooms: A Method For Mastery? appeared in The New York Times.

Flipping Over “Flipped Classroom” Lit is from All MOOCs, All The Time.

Three Good Tools for Building Flipped Lessons That Include Assessment Tools is a post from Richard Byrne.

Infographic Flipped Classroom is from Education Journey.

Verso is a web tool for students to watch video, and is particularly useful for “flipped” classrooms. You can read more about it at Richard Byrne’s post.

5 Mistakes to Avoid When Flipping Your Class is by Jon Bergmann.

“Tools for flipping your class”

Modifying the Flipped Classroom: The “In-Class” Version is from Edutopia.

Fixing the Flipped Classroom: @EDpuzzle is from Ed Tech Coaching.

What ‘They’ Forgot to tell you When Flipping your Classroom is from Common Core and Ed Tech.

My Flipped Classroom Experience is by Kenneth Headley.

Classroom Management and the Flipped Class is from Edutopia.

How can teachers get devices for blended learning? is from Edutopia.

Here’s a useful post from Ana Cristina on flipping an ESL class.

This is a good infographic comparing blending learning with the flipped classroom.

Top 10 Do’s and Don’ts When Flipping Your Classroom is from Learning and Innovation.

Flipping The EFL Classroom is from Roseli Serra.

Yet Another Study Finds Constructivism Tends To Work Better Than Direct Instruction

Flipped Learning in the World-Language Classroom offers some interesting takeaways for second-language classrooms.

IS THE FLIPPED CLASSROOM RELEVANT TO ELT? is by Russell Stannard.

The Flipped Learning Global Initiative has lots of resources.

7 Great Tools for Creating Flipped Lessons from Existing Videos is from Richard Byrne.

FLIP YOUR CLASSROOM is from Vocalise ESOL.

In-class flip: how I made a boring lesson fun is from Martha Ramirez.

Common Craft Explains Flipped Classrooms is a post from Richard Byrne.

Flipped Off About Flipped Learning is from Anthony Teacher.

Flipped Classroom 101: Challenges, Benefits & Design Tips is from Catlin Tucker.

Effects of the Flipped Classroom: Evidence from a Randomized Trial is a new, and not very positive, study about the use of Flipped Classrooms.

Flipped Classrooms May Exacerbate Student Achievement Gaps. Here’s How is from Ed Week.

PROOF POINTS: 114 studies on flipped classrooms show small payoff for big effort is from The Hechinger Report.

Flipped learning: What is it, and when is it effective? is from Brookings.

Whatever Happened to the “Flipped” Classroom? is from Larry Cuban.

Does ‘Flipped Learning’ Work? A New Analysis Dives Into the Research is from Ed Surge.

Feedback is welcome.

If you found post useful, you might want to look at the 900 other “The Best…” lists and consider subscribing to blog for free.