The Best Multimedia Resources For Introducing Students To The Advantages Of Charts, Graphs & Infographics

'adobe illustrator charts' photo (c) 2011, Sean MacEntee - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

is a short and simple list of multimedia resources that would be useful for introducing students to the value of charts, graphs and infographics and what they mean.

I’m hoping readers will suggest other resources. There are many examples of “funny charts” online, but they’re usually in collections that have ones that are not appropriate for classroom use. Let me know if you have examples of specific ones I can post or link to here.

Novelty is a great way to introduce lessons, and these resources certainly fit the bill!

Here are my choices for The Best Multimedia Resources For Introducing Students To The Advantages Of Charts & Graphs:

Thanks to Kevin Hodgson for the tip on next one (“… was used to welcome back school principals as they faced a change in their technology platform to analyze school data”):

“Venn Diagrams (Under The Spotlight)” is a piece of art by Argentinian artist Amelia Pica. It’s been making the rounds in the blogosphere (including at Brain Pickings), and you can see it below. is how Ms. Pica describes it:

“During the period of dictatorship in Argentina in the 1970s, gatherings of citizens were closely monitored as they were considered a threat to the government. at the same time Group Theory and Venn diagrams were banned from primary school programs as they could provide a model for subversive thought.”

Boy oh boy, will sure make a great discussion topic in class — in English and in IB Theory of Knowledge!

Amalia Pica 2

Photo by mariejirousek

I’ll add a link to list over at A Collection Of “The Best…” Lists On Infographics.

The Washington Post has published 40 charts that explain the world.

John Venn’s 180th birthday was in 2014. He, of course, introduced the Venn Diagram to the world.

Here are some fun Venn Diagrams:

Google placed an interactive Venn Diagram its home page.

Here’s a Venn Diagram of Venn Diagrams.

This is the first Venn diagram ever published is from Vox.

Again, I hope to hear suggestions from readers….

If you found post useful, you might want to consider subscribing to blog for free.

You might also want to explore the over 900 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.

1. Just notice the little Print | PDF plugin green button, but can;t seem to find where you got it. Love it and what to use on my blog. HELP….
    http://theedtechplace.info
    thanks