I usually just do a year-end list of The Best Infographics and many other topics, but it gets a little crazy having to review all of my zillion posts at once. So, to make it easier for me — and perhaps, to make it a little more useful to readers — I’m going to start publishing mid-year lists, too. These won’t be ranked, unlike my year-end “The Best…” lists, and just because a site appears on a mid-year list doesn’t guarantee it will be included in an end-of-the-year one. But, at least, I won’t have to review all my year’s posts in December…

Infographics show data in a visual way, and make the information much more accessible for English Language Learners — and everybody else. Interactive infographics are especially engaging because they allow users to customize the data they see. You’ll find both kinds in this list.

You might also be interested in:

The Best Infographics Of 2011 — So Far

The Best Infographics — 2010

The Best Interactive Infographics — 2009

The Best Sources For Interactive Infographics.

The Best Resources For Creating Infographics

The Best Resources For Learning About “Word Clouds”

Not “The Best,” But “A List” Of Mindmapping, Flow Chart Tools, & Graphic Organizers

The Best Tools To Make Simple Graphs Online

The Best Sites For Learning About Cartograms

The Best Map-Making Sites On The Web

The Best Posts To Help Understand Google’s New “Books Ngram Viewer”

You also might want to check out my Pinterest boards for more infographics.

Here are two other collections worth checking-out:

2012 in infographics: how Graphic News saw the world is from The Guardian.

20 Great Infographics of 2012 has been published by Visual.ly.

Here are my choices of The Best Infographics Of 2012 — So Far:

The Wall Street Journal has published a new “How Do You Spend Your Day?” interactive infographic for 2011. In it, they ask you to “Enter the amount of time you spend on each activity on a typical day to see how you compare with the 2011 average.”

The Civil War is quite an impressive interactive infographic on…the Civil War. It shows casualties, stories, and a whole lot more. And it’s a college student’s project.

A few months ago I posted Nice Infographic On “Smart Teaching.” It’s a great one, but since it was originally designed for use at a religious-oriented training, it alludes to Biblical scripture. Two readers wrote in, though, and pointed me in the direction of a secular version of the same great infographic.

We Are What We Eat is a pretty amazing interactive infographic on food habits in the U.S. and around the world.

Check out this infographic on the “summer slide.”

The Fiction To Reality Timeline is a pretty interesting infographic.

The World Of Religion is an excellent infographic.

GOOD has published a very good series of infographics explaining the economy. It’s called All About The Benjamins.

The BBC has created a very, very large infographic titled “How Big Is Our Solar System?” Scroll down (which is a little odd) and it will take you from the surface of earth to the far reaches of space.

Scroll to see the ocean’s deepest depths is an interactive infographic from The BBC. Scroll down the infographic and it not only shows you information about what is happening at that depth of the ocean, it also provides videos and images.

12 Great Visualizations That Made History is a very creative collection from Visually.

Population Control, Marauder Style is a really interesting infographic from The New York Times.

Mapping Language: Limited English Proficiency in America is a very impressive interactive map (among other things) showing where English Language Learners are around the United States. It’s from the National Journal.

The Jet Propulsion Laboratory of NASA has a site called JPL Infographics where you can find a bunch of great…infographics. But what’s even better is that it’s set up for people to create their own, too.

Murder In America is just an amazing, and horrifying, interactive from The Wall Street Journal.

The New York Times has pubished 2012: The Year in Graphics, and it’s absolutely terrific.

The Washington Post has just published The year in graphics, 2012.

This is a very large infographic, but it’s it’s worth taking up so much space because it’s so good. I’m adding it to
The Best Resources For Showing Students Why They Should Continue Their Academic Career:

Source: blog.rwjf.org via Larry on Pinterest

Feedback is welcome.

If you found this post useful, you might want to look at the 900 other “The Best…” lists and consider subscribing to this blog for free.