The “Who Am I?” Poster I Use As A Model For Students

As an introductory activity, I have students in all of my classes create “Who Am I?” posters which they then share “speed-dating” style (linking up in rows, show and share, and then one row moves to the right — or left — and does it again and so on). It seems to go well, and I thought readers might find it useful to see the model I use for them (as you can see, I hold few artistic aspirations :) ):

1. I love it! I’m also loving your book, Helping Students Motivate Themselves. It has really transformed my teaching. Even after 18 years of teaching, I now don’t think I will burn out! Thanks so much for all you do!

2. Thanks for sharing, my teacher today did something similar, called a bio-poem and it worked really well too. Maybe you’d like it too. It went something like this…
    Line 1: Your name
    Line 2: Four personality traits about yourself..
    Line 3: Lover of…..(people, animals,…)

Thanks again.

3. Love this! I also enjoy using George Ella Lyon’s “Where I Am From” poem and asking students to use it as a model for writing their own. I’d love to put all these ideas into one uber-project, preferrably a multimedia one. Any ideas out there about that? Anyone already doing it?