'Voyeurism.' photo (c) 2009, Renato Ganoza - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I’ve been accumulating a variety of online video sites that don’t quite fit into my extensive list of previous “The Best…” lists related to videos. So, I’ve decided to make a “potpourri” list and, within it, include links to all my previous lists, too.

First, I’ll links to my older lists. Later in this post, you’ll find a variety of other useful video links.

Here are all my “The Best” lists related to videos: TEACHING WITH MOVIES & VIDEO CLIPS

And here is my “potpourri” list:.

Amara lets you easily create subtitles for videos.

Watch2gether lets you create a private virtual room where you can watch videos together with a text chat box. No registration is required, but you can only watch videos on YouTube.

More Than Just Bill Nye… Using Video in the Classroom is a post from Mss L’s Whole Brain Teaching blog.

Dos and Don’ts for Successful Web Videos is an excellent guide from The New York Times.

Nicer Tube lets you show YouTube videos without the usual screen clutter or comments.

If You Don’t Have Teacher Access To YouTube At Your School, Then This Search Engine is a “Must”

Three Tools for Improving Flipped Video Lessons is a new post from Richard Byrne.

You can print the “storyboard” (the different video frames) from any YouTube video with Print YouTube.

EDpuzzle Is An Innovative Video Site

Creating and Using Video is by Edublogs’ Sue Waters, and is one of the most useful posts I’ve seen  about helping students create online content. It’s very complete, and shares many examples.

Five-Minute Film Festival: 8 Interactive Video Tools for Engaging Learners is from Edutopia.

“Tools for flipping your class”

ThingLink Now Lets You Annotate Videos, Too

Nearpod is yet another tool for teachers to use to create multimedia presentations.

Render Forest is an online video-maker. You can learn more about it from The ASIDE Blog.

Richard Byrne has a list of tools that will let you just watch a YouTube video and “blank-out” all the “extra stuff.”

Binumi is a site where teachers, students and the general public can search for videos to show and, more importantly, easily make modifications to develop their own creations. You can use a number of the resources and create some videos without having to purchase a subscription though, at first glance, it’s unclear to me how limited the free registration really is…

MoocNote is a new site that lets teachers create video playlists, along with notes and questions for students to answer. You can read more about it at Richard Byrne’s blog.

You Can Now Live Stream From Facebook Via The iPhone

I’ve been hearing a lot of “buzz” about Versal, which lets teachers create online interactive resources. Even though you can do more than video with it, I’m going to add it to this list.

Adobe Spark looks like an amazing new free tool that lets you create visually attractive quotes, web pages and videos. Richard Byrne, as usual, has created an excellent video showing how it works.

ClipChamp is an easy tool to make and share five minute “talking head” videos from your webcam.

The 20 best apps for making videos is from The Guardian.

Interactive Videos is a good post from CristinaSkyBox talking about tools for creating…interactive videos.

If, When and How to Use Video in the Classroom is from Middleweb.

MediaBreaker/Studios lets students create their own multimedia presentations. Here’s a video explaining what it is:

Recap is a new tool designed to have students create short videos highlighting their reflections on the learning they’re doing in the classroom.

Verse lets you create interactive videos.

Richard Byrne has also posted Six Types of Classroom Video Projects – And 18 Video Creation Tools.

Raw Shorts lets you easily create…short videos.

Some of my students have used Stop Motion Studio to easily make some nice videos.

Soapbox – A New Tool for Creating Screencast Videos on Chromebooks is from Richard Byrne.

Flipgrid: Giving All Students a Voice in the Classroom is a nice post from Teacher’s Tech Toolbox.

Explee lets you make animated videos. It costs $30 per year for teachers, but doesn’t list a price if you want to create a virtual classrooms and monitor student progress (I’m always wary when a site says contact them for a quote).

Richard Byrne shared a good example of how to use YouTube Live.

Interactive Video Tool Evaluation is from the University of Colorado. It compares different video tools.

FlipGrid: A Platform to Crowdsource Reflection, Metacognition and Perspective is from Langwitches.

ReClipped seems like a neat new tool. You can read more about it at Richard Byrne’s post, ReClipped – Take Notes and Share Notes on Educational Videos.

How to Use Flipgrid – A Guide for Getting Started is from Richard Byrne.

Guest Post: Getting Started With Flipgrid

ReClipped Adds New Features for Recording & Sharing Video Notes is from Richard Byrne.

“Timelinely” Lets You Easily Create Annotated & Interactive Videos

3 WAYS YOU CAN USE VIDEO IN YOUR BLOG POSTS is from The Edublogger.

How to Protect Student Privacy With Blurring Effects in Videos

Hippo lets teachers create videos they can use for a “flipped classroom.”

How to Use ClassHook’s New Pause Prompts Feature is from Richard Byrne.

“FLUENT KEY” LOOKS LIKE A WONDERFUL VIDEO TOOL FOR ALL TEACHERS

ClassHook Adds Live Discussions for Video Lessons is from Richard Byrne.

Veed automatically provides subtitles to your videos.

SnackVids – Automatic Creation of Searchable Video Transcripts come from Richard Byrne.

VidReader automatically creates transcripts for videos.

How to Adjust the Captions on YouTube Videos is from Richard Byrne.

5 Ways to Create Social Videos is from Richard Byrne.

Prezi Video is from the well-known presentation software company and lets you create videos for free.

How to Create Simple Videos on a Chromebook – No Apps or Extensions Needed is from Richard Byrne.

Three Ways to Make Whiteboard Videos on Your Chromebook is from Richard Byrne.

Screencastify Submit Looks Promising – Easy Way for Students to Make Videos is from Richard Byrne.

TAGX allows you to create video highlights and annotate the interesting parts of a video.

5 Free Video Maker Online for Students is from English Teaching 101.

About the Circles and Ovals in My Videos is from Richard Byrne.

YouNote is an easy way to take notes when you’re watching a YouTube video.

GOOGLE’S NEW “ALOUD” TOOL COULD BE A HUGE ASSET TO TEACHERS WHO WANT TO MAKE THEIR CONTENT ACCESSIBLE TO ELLS

Alternatives to Vialogues for Annotating Videos is from Richard Byrne.

My Top Five Tips for Creating Instructional Videos is from Richard Byrne.

Make Green Screen Videos With Zoom an Adobe Express is also from Richard Byrne.

You can make interactive videos with VidPower.

YouTube Studio Settings for Teachers is from Richard Byrne.

Proust automatically gives you a editable transcript of any video.

BookWidgets Adds a New Video Quiz Option to Use in Google Classroom and Beyond is from Richard Byrne.

Lumen5 – Quickly Turn Your Writing Into Videos is from Richard Byrne.

Lumen5 Uses AI To Generate Videos From Blog Posts & Other Texts/Presentations

Annotate Videos With Text and Pictures is from Richard Byrne.

YouTube Transcript provides much more readable transcripts than you get on the YouTube site itself.

Seven Simple Steps for Creating Videos In Your Classroom is from Richard Byrne.

Video To Words will “Transcribe, Summarize and Share Quotes from YouTube.”

YouTildr summarizes and does other things with YouTube videos.

Additional suggestions are always welcome.

You might also want to explore the over 900 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.