I’ve been writing this blog for six or seven years. I thought readers might find it useful for me to dig back in the “archives” and highlight my choices for some of the best posts that appeared during that time.

The first list in this series, My Best Posts Over The Years — Volume One, focused on the year 2007 and included a fair amount of still-useful material (at least in my opinion).

Here in Volume Two I’ll identify the best of 2008:

I began an eighty (no, that’s not a typo) part series on The Best Ways For Students (And Anyone Else!) To Create Online Content Easily, Quickly & Painlessly. A surprising number of the sites on that list are still active.

The Best Websites To Help Beginning Readers was published that year, and it continues to be one of my most popular posts.

Here are a few other lists I posted that year that are still popular (and remember that I have regularly updated them since that time):

The Best Online Tools For Real-Time Collaboration

The Best Sites That Students Can Use Independently And Let Teachers Check On Progress

The Best Online Sources For Images

One of my classes was particularly challenging that year, and I wrote about it at When A “Good” Class Goes “Bad” (And Back To “Good” Again!). A revised version was published by ASCD. More About Maintaining a “Good” Class is a follow-up post I wrote, as is “Why Do You Let Others Control You?”

Communicating With Students shares what is still the best classroom management advice I’ve ever heard. A Good Question For Classroom Management is a related post.

The Sacramento Bee wrote an article about our family literacy project, which provided computers and home internet access to immigrant families, and they also wrote about an international “sister class” project that I helped organize.

Listen And Write is about an excellent site for English Language Learners that is still going strong.

Embedded Learning Portal Again reviews another great site for ELL’s.

Human Footprint Interactive discusses a nice National Geographic site.

One Of The Coolest Online Music Tools Ever! is still really, really cool….

Incredible Website Launches Today! announces what is still one of the best sites on the Web for learning English.

Superb English Site Back Online, and the title says it all.

Here are a few short posts describing very useful sites that are still in operation:

Pic-Lits

Listen & Read

Cambridge Ventures Arcade

Living Wage Calculator