The resources on this list were not designed with education in mind, but which can easily be used for learning purposes — particularly, though not exclusively, for English language development. I only hope that creators of “educational” content can learn from the qualities that make these sites so engaging.

You might also be interested in:

The Best “Fun” Sites You Can Use For Learning, Too — 2012 (Part One)

The Best “Fun” Sites You Can Use For Learning, Too — 2011

The Best “Fun” Sites You Can Use For Learning, Too — 2010

Part Two Of The Best “Fun” Sites You Can Use For Learning, Too — 2009

The Best “Fun” Sites You Can Use For Learning, Too — 2009

The Best “Fun” Sites You Can Use For Learning, Too — 2008

Here are my choices for The Best “Fun” Sites You Can Use For Learning, Too — 2012 (Part Two):

VIDEOS:

These would be fun clips to to use in any of the video activities I describe in The Best Popular Movies/TV Shows For ESL/EFL and in my article Eight Ways to Use Video With English-Language Learners.

Bill Ferriter posted a link to this “Trunk Monkey Compilation.” This hilarious video is perfect for ELL’s to watch and then describe what happened, and even do Venn Diagram to identify differences and similarities:

Have students watch this amazing illusion (you can find similar videos here):

Check out this amazing performance by French magician Yann Frisch:

ONLINE VIDEO GAMES:

I’ve previously written about how I use online video games as a language-development activity for my ELL students.

Escape From The Entrance Hall (Be sure to change language to “English”) — here’s the Walkthrough

Bonus

Silk can be used by students to create pretty magical-looking (and sounding) artwork online without registering. They can then share a link to their creation (and have students describe it verbally and in writing).

Feedback is always welcome.

You might also want to explore the 1000 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.