A Very, Very Beginning List Of The Best Resources On Bullying — Please Suggest More

'Bully Advance Screening Hosted by First Lady Katie O'Malley' photo (c) 2012, Maryland GovPics - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I know there are a ton of resources out there on bullying. I’m also skeptical about a lot of it being useful.

So I’m just going to start off list with two resources I think are good ones, and hope that readers will contribute a lot more.

Absolutely Everything Researchers Know About Bullying is from Rules For Engagement at Education Week.

Interesting New Study By Carol Dweck

Appealing To The Self-Interest Of Bullies is post I wrote.

Source: stopbullying.gov

I’m adding next infographic to the list. I’m displaying it in a couple of ways because I like it a lot and what it to be accessible, but the original formatting is a bit “funky”:

You can see a better version here.

bullying-statistics

via USC Rossier Online

Bullying prevention from the ground up is by Jim Dillon at Smart Blogs.

Bullying Prevention Programs May Have Negative Impact: Study is from The Huffington Post.

Anti-Bullying Programs Could Be a Waste of Time is from TIME.

Bullying Is Bad, But Do We Know How To Stop It? is by Paul Bruno.

Raiders Quarterback Applauds Bullied Dolphins Player For ‘Standing Up And Being A Man’ is from ThinkProgress.

The Stanford Prison And Why The Miami Dolphins Weren’t Just “Boys Being Boys” is from Forbes.

If a 6’5, 312-pound Miami Dolphin can be bullied… is from The Washington Post.

How do other countries tackle bullying? is from The Guardian.

It Takes a Village to Create a Bully is from The Pacific Standard.

I don’t think I’d use with students, but, as Greg Toppo said when he on Twitter, it seems like a “spot-on take on bullying.”

What’s New on StopBullying.gov: A Redesigned Training Center Plus 11 User Guides is from StopBullying.gov.

Suggest away! I’m all ears….

1. I like the Australian site, Bullying. No Way! http://bullyingnoway.gov.au It has different sections for young people of different ages, parents and teachers. I appreciate the thought that has gone into the language they use to explain and suggest to kids.

2. Thanks for sharing all the information on bullying! Being a victim myself I have a passion for preventing bullying. All educators, parents and administrators need this information to help their children and students be successful. I hope to be able to help my future students with this issue!

3. Students have been making “How to UnMake A Bully” movies with me for a few years, and they are in use all over the world.

We also do a school residency program (so far in over 10 districts and 30 schools in NY, WA, and Australia!) where classes write, produce and complete 60-second PSA commercials in just 9 hours! Together with The Don’t Wait® Project we combine tech, film, Common Core, real-world experience, ELA, anti-bullying and character education into an unforgettable week per school! HUGE feedback so far, including some students who started their own coalition in honor of our program. We have also seen students stand up during our discussions to admit to having bullied, and apologize to their friends in an effort to start making things right.

I can send links if you’re interested.