This is probably the last of my “Best Of 2013 — So Far” — I’ll start publishing my year-end lists in November.
This list is an opportunity for me to pick my personal favorites. You can see favorites from previous years at My Best Posts From The Last Six Years.
Here are my favorites from the first six months of 2013:
I published my fifth book, Self-Driven Learning: Teaching Strategies For Student Motivation. You can see lots of excerpts here (I’ve just begun working on the third volume in the series).
I published many “The Best…” lists, and there are now close to 1,150 of them. Here are a few of my favorite ones from this year so far:
I’ve published quite a few articles in other publications this year. Here are a few of my favorites:
The Washington Post reprinted my piece, Teacher: How my 9th graders graded me.
- Cultivating a Positive Environment for Students
- Technology: Moving from No to Yes (Part One)
- Giving Teachers the Opportunity to Say “Yes” to Ed Tech (Part Two)
- Chart: Useful Summary Of The Differences Between Parent Involvement & Parent Engagement
- Ethical and Effective Test Prep
- Five ways to get kids to want to read and write
- Positive, Not Punitive, Classroom Management Tips
- More Positive, Not Punitive, Classroom Management Tips
Here are some useful posts on classroom management:
Here are a couple on education policy:
Here are a few miscellaneous ones I like: