The Best Advice On Using Education Technology

'LSE Media Suite' photo (c) 2010, The Liverpool  School of English - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

You might my piece at the British Council useful: “Four questions to ask before using an Ed Tech tool” Is My New British Council Post

During this past week, I’ve been lucky enough to see the two best posts I know of offering great advice on how to use educational technology.

I thought I’d bring them together in one post, along with links to some of my related “The Best” lists, and invite readers to contribute other resources, too.

You may have already seen Bill Ferriter’s image, Technology is a Tool, NOT a Learning Outcome. It’s been burning up social media for the past week.

Here’s another great graphic from Bill:

You may, however, not have seen Frank Noschese’s absolutely brilliant post on Edtech PR Tips. In it, he offers advice to ed tech businesses who are trying to push their products onto schools. They also serve as an effective criteria for teachers to use to determine if and how to use any type of ed tech with their students.

Digital Worksheets is by John Spencer.

In addition, here are a few of my previously-posted “The Best…” lists that are somewhat related to this topic:

The Best Sources For Ideas On How To Use Technology With English Language Learners

The Best Research Available On The Use Of Technology In Schools

The Best Good, Inexpensive & Simple Classroom Technology Tools

The Best Places To Find Research On Technology & Language Teaching/Learning

The Best Sites For Learning About The History Of Technology

My Best Posts For Tech Novices (Plus A Few From Other People)

Q & A Collections: Using Tech In The Classroom is my new Ed Week Teacher posts, and brings all my past posts on ed tech together in one place.

Lessons from the Downfall of Interactive Whiteboards is from EdSurge.

Tablets Or Laptops?

Additional contributions are welcome!

You might also want to explore the nearly 1200 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.