'LSE Media Suite' photo (c) 2010, The Liverpool School of English - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

You might my piece at the British Council useful: “Four questions to ask before using an Ed Tech tool” Is My New British Council Post

Q&A Collections: Using Tech in the Classroom is the headline of one of my Education Week Teacher columns. It includes links to all my Ed Week posts on using tech in the classroom from the past seven years – in one place!

Start With the Content & Not With the Tech is the headline of one of my Education Week Teacher columns.

During this past week, I’ve been lucky enough to see the two best posts I know of offering great advice on how to use educational technology.

I thought I’d bring them together in one post, along with links to some of my related “The Best” lists, and invite readers to contribute other resources, too.

You may have already seen Bill Ferriter’s image, Technology is a Tool, NOT a Learning Outcome. It’s been burning up social media for the past week.

Here’s another great graphic from Bill:

You may, however, not have seen Frank Noschese’s absolutely brilliant post on Edtech PR Tips. In it, he offers advice to ed tech businesses who are trying to push their products onto schools. They also serve as an effective criteria for teachers to use to determine if and how to use any type of ed tech with their students.

Digital Worksheets is by John Spencer.

In addition, here are a few of my previously-posted “The Best…” lists that are somewhat related to this topic:

The Best Sources For Ideas On How To Use Technology With English Language Learners

The Best Research Available On The Use Of Technology In Schools

The Best Good, Inexpensive & Simple Classroom Technology Tools

The Best Places To Find Research On Technology & Language Teaching/Learning

The Best Sites For Learning About The History Of Technology

My Best Posts For Tech Novices (Plus A Few From Other People)

Q & A Collections: Using Tech In The Classroom is my new Ed Week Teacher posts, and brings all my past posts on ed tech together in one place.

Lessons from the Downfall of Interactive Whiteboards is from EdSurge.

Tablets Or Laptops?

This piece at Education Week Teacher brings all my posts there from the past three years related to ed tech.

Digital native fallacy: Teachers still know better when it comes to using technology is a report from Science Daily about a new study.

What are the Biggest Mistakes Teachers Make When Integrating Technology into the Classroom? is from Langwitches.

Lessons Learned from a Chalkboard: Slow and Steady Technology Integration appeared in Larry Cuban’s blog.

Evaluating Technology? Here’s What To Look For… is by Steven W. Anderson.

Q & A Collections: Using Tech In The Classroom is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. It includes all my posts from the past four years on using tech in the classroom – in one place!

The 5 Best Times to Use Technology in Class is from Middleweb.

Alicia Johal has developed a useful list of questions teachers should consider before using any tech tool in their classroom.

Start With Goals, Not Tech Or Curriculum is the final post in my three-part Education Week Teacher series on tech in the classroom.

Smart Tech Use for Equity is from Teaching Tolerance.

Additional contributions are welcome!

What a Decade of Education Research Tells Us About Technology in the Hands of Underserved Students is from EdSurge.

3 questions to ask when using new technology in the classroom is from the TED-Ed blog.

Ed tech purchasing decisions is from Dan Willingham.

7 Simple Ways to Use Technology With Purpose is by AJ Juliani.

What It Takes to Move From ‘Passive’ to ‘Active’ Tech Use in K-12 Schools is from Ed Week.

Defining Technology Integration (Part 2) is by Larry Cuban.

Sharing the Screen in 1:1 Classrooms is from Edutopia.

There’s no app for good teaching is from TED.

You might also want to explore the nearly 1200 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.

Useful Resources On Using Tech With Students

The Four Questions I Always Ask About New Technology in Education is by Dan Meyer.

The 3 Questions Researchers Want Educators to Ask About Ed-Tech is from Ed Week.

Technology in the Classroom Is Great — When It Works (Benjamin Keep) is from Larry Cuban’s blog.

The Best Edtech for Students Is Backed by Research. Here’s What to Look For. is from EdSurge.

THE POSSIBILITIES & PERILS OF TEACHING & LEARNING WITH TECH

How to Zero In on the Right Technology Tools is from Edutopia.

The only question you need to ask about education technology. is from Dan Meyer.

What are the key questions that educators should ask when assessing new edtech? is from Audrey Watters.

5 Questions to Help You Make Edtech Decisions is from Edutopia.

Managing Tech Integration in Your Classroom is from Edutopia.