The Best Examples Of Turning Problems Into Opportunities — Help Me Find More

''develop a negative into a positive picture'' photo (c) 2011, Ryan - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

When I was fifteen, I met a man who had worked with Gandhi in India. He told me that the key to Gandhi’s success was that “he looked at every problem as an opportunity, not as a pain in the butt.” I suspect that Gandhi might have put it a bit differently but, nevertheless, hearing that — and remembering it — has had a profoundly positive impact on my life.

Here’s a beginning list of The Best Examples Of Turning Problems Into Opportunities, and I hope readers will contribute a whole lot more (I have a vague memory that I might have written a short post awhile back inviting readers to contribute on this topic but, if I did, I can’t find it now):

Here’s a video titled “Kid’s Salute Turns Cymbal Crash Into Symbolic Victory”:

You might remember the huge gaffe by Miss Utah in this year’s Miss USA pageant. But here’s a great follow-up from The Atlantic: The Re-Invention of Miss Utah Will Be Televised.

Here’s a wonderful example from Brazil:

I know there are a zillion examples out there. Please let me know what they are!