'The History of ESL at Port Adelaide' photo (c) 2011, Michael Coghlan - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
I’ve started a somewhat regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention:

EFL teacher Carissa Peck shares Ways to Keep in Touch with parents at her blog.

Stanford University’s Understanding Language announces a free MOOC, Constructive Classroom Conversations: Mastering the Language of the Common Core State Standards. Here’s an excerpt from their description:

This short course for educators looks closely at student-to-student discourse and addresses how to facilitate student engagement in the types of interactions required by the new standards. It organizes a massive collaboration of educators who wish to support students, particularly English Language Learners, to co-create and build upon each other’s ideas as they interact with the content.

David Deubelbeiss has what I think is a great idea on how to make multiple choice questions more learner-friendly and effective.

Don’t forget to contribute a post to the next ELT Blog Carnival on October 1st. This edition will be all about “Great Lessons”. Share a post, new or old, that highlights a lesson you felt really worked.

Smarter Balanced Approves Testing Supports for English-Learners is from Education Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Next Generation” Of State Testing.

Common Core for ELLs: Resource Roundup is from Colorin Colorado. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Common Core Standards & English Language Learners.

10 Reasons why Songs with Subtitles make Sense is from The British Council. I’m adding it to The Best Music Websites For Learning English.