The Best Three Sites On The Web For ESL/EFL/ELL/ELT Teachers

'November 21st - December 16th, 2011' photo (c) 2011, SEE TEFL - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

The Web is sure a big place, and it’s easy to miss most of the great stuff out there for English Language Learners and their teachers. And, since most people actually have lives, they don’t necessarily want to be spending hours online separating the wheat from the chaff.

Taking all that into consideration, here are my recommendations for the Best Three Sites On The Web For ESL/EFL/ELL/ELT Teachers. These three sites provide large quantities of high quality resources for teachers and students, and they’re free. They’re my “go to” sites that I check check daily, and typically more often, to see what’s new.

The Teaching English – British Council Facebook page. This site is relatively new to me, but it’s certainly not new to many others since it has well over 300,000 “Likes”! Ann Foreman does an extraordinary job inviting and sharing resources from teachers throughout the world.

EFL Classroom 2.0. I’ve posted countless times already about this site, and the great work by its founder, David Deubelbeiss.

Ressources Pour Le College En Anglais is another site I’ve mentioned often. Michelle Henry does an incredible job of curating resources for students and teachers.

Of course, you might also want to this blog as a fourth site to add to this list :)

You might also be interested in these “Best” lists:

The Best Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced English Language Learner Sites

The Best Resources, Articles & Blog Posts For Teachers Of ELLs In 2013 – So Far (which also contains links to my previous annual lists)

The Best Sites For Free ESL/EFL Hand-Outs & Worksheets

You can find all 1,200 “The Best..” lists here.

Let me know if you think I should expand the list beyond these three sites…

1. Thanks very much for the mention. Great to be in such good company!

Best,
    Ann

2. There are certainly many excellent sites out there. One site that would be worth adding to the list is http://www.esltoolbox.com. It’s a new site that caters for young learners (elementary aged) and provides a good collection of simple but relevant themed units.

3. Hello,

I have a Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language from UCLA, and I was a teaching fellow at Harvard University. I’ve written twenty English as a Second Language textbooks that are sold internationally, including my bestselling listening book, “Whaddaya Say”(http://www.worldcat.org/wcidentities/lccn-n82-79879#linkworksabout).

I was the English Doctor on Voice of America Radio’s Facebook site, where I taught English live to internationals daily. This motivated me to expand my materials and expertise, resulting in my Nina’s Easy English website (www.easyenglish.us.com). I spent almost two years learning how to build my own website so I could take what I’ve learned in these forty-plus years of teaching English at universities, private companies like Toyota Motor Sales, where I’ve taught business English since 1999, and others, and create low-cost online English programs for anyone who wants to learn.

My website is a complete English program membership site. When someone becomes a member, they have access to an 80-plus lesson, interactive, all-skills and quiz based English website, and also, they have access to me. I focus on beginning and intermediate English learners, and have a recommended program for each level (They can see this recommended program when they become members by clicking on the “English for Students” link on the navigation bar. When someone joins the site, I personally email them — no computer generated communications. If they’d like, they can continue to email me at any time.). Because of my vast writing and teaching background, if someone has a special goal, I’m happy to write lessons or games for them and place them on the site.

In addition to my premium listening to real English program that I use at companies such as Toyota Motor Sales (included in the membership), there are English games, lessons based on songs from artists like Adele, lessons based on comedy shows like “I Love Lucy” and “Friends”, etc. I think learning should be comprehensive, but also, fun.

I’d love my new website to be listed as one of your “best”.

Best regards,
    Nina Weinstein

4. Download and Print Teaching and Learning English as a Second
    Language (Tefl,Efl,Esl,Elt,Tesol) Printable Worksheets,Handouts,Tests,
    Materials,Resources,Grammar Explanations and Lessons,Vocabulary,
    Picture Dictionary,Pictionary,Posters,Games and Puzzles for kids
    (children) , students and teachers !
    http://www.englishwsheets.com