The Best Resources On Malala Yousafzai

'Malala Yousafzai' photo (c) 2013, Michael  Volpicelli - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

The winner of this year’s Nobel Peace Prize will be announced on Friday, and Malal Yousafzai, the youngest nominee ever, is considered by many to be the frontrunner.

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons has been awarded the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize.

It was thought that Malala Yousafzai might win, but I don’t think one can argue with the final decision. You can learn more at The Best Resources For Learning About Chemical Weapons.

Here are a number of useful resources on her (you also might be interested in The Best Sites To Learn About The Nobel Peace Prize):

You can see a lesson on her for English Language Learners that I posted in The New York Times.

Last night’s interview with her on The Daily Show was amazing. Here it is in three parts (it may be able to be viewed in an RSS Reader):

Interactive Timeline: Malala Yousafzai’s Extraordinary Journey is from TIME.

Malala Yousafzai: from blogger to Nobel peace prize nominee – timeline is from The Guardian.

How Malala Yousafzai was attacked – interactive is from The Guardian.

Taliban would again target Malala Yousafzai is an article from yesterday.

The CBC has a number of good resources.

Here’s a Breaking News English lesson on her shooting.

Teaching Kids has some good lesson ideas.

Malala spoke to the UN Youth Assembly on her 16th birthday .

Here’s a link to the transcript, here’s a quote from her talk, and it’s followed by a video of the speech itself — pretty amazing:

They-thought-that-the

For Malala Yousufzai, a Nobel Prize could cap a remarkable year since Taliban shooting is from NBC News.

Malala Yousafzai: The Bravest Girl in the World is from Parade.

Malala: The girl who was shot for going to school is from The BBC.

Here’s a great artistic rendering of a quote by her. It’s from Zen Pencils:

The victory of Malala Yousafzai is from Salon.

Why Malala should have won the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize is by Valerie Strauss at The Washington Post.

Pakistani Girl, a Global Heroine After an Attack, Has Critics at Home is from The New York Times.

Malala Yousafzai meets with the Obamas in the Oval Office is from The Washington Post.

Honoring Malala is by Wendi Pillars.

‘It’s very good news’ Malala didn’t win the Nobel Peace Prize: Pakistani Taliban is from NBC News.

Feel free to offer other suggestions.

You might also be interested in the 1,200 “The Best…” lists available.

1. Thank you for using my drawing of Malala! (I was the artist) I really like your tribute page by the way, keep up the good work!