Making Instagram Videos With English Language Learners

Last week, I posted the vocabulary videos made by some of English Language Learners using Twitter’s Vine video app.

Today, we tried doing the same with Instagram’s video feature, and we all liked it a lot better. It gives you fifteen instead of seven seconds and, if you make a mistake in one “scene” you can easily erase that scene instead of having to start all over again.

Like Vine, it will automatically save on your iPhone Camera Roll and can easily be uploaded to YouTube.

We’ve just begin working on a Problem/Solution essay, and used some related vocabulary words.

Here are some examples:

1. When the students are making the videos, do you make them as a class or does each student make a video for himself? Where do you keep them so that they’re accessible to students?

2. Hi Larry~
    I really like your blog. It’s very informative!
    This article really hit home for me because I’ve always thought about using technology to help students learn English and other languages. I actually was fed up with the lack of helpful apps to help students “PRACTICE” language learning that I decided to create my own called the SayWhat Language App. It’s available on the Google Play store for Android devices. If you have a chance, please take a look. Maybe you can even write a short article on it? :) Anyway, thanks for your posts and keep up the great work!