'Protest March By Teachers and Students' photo (c) 2008, William Murphy - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

Here are some recent useful posts and articles on education policy issues (usually, I just post one of these collections each week, but several good ones have appeared since I published a “round-up” a few days ago):

Arguing Vergara on Twitter is a summary of a Twitter discussion on a pending court case that could end teacher seniority protections here in California.

John Thompson has written a piece about that same court case.

Speaking of California, here’s the latest update on the new funding formula here that will result in substantially more funds going to districts with greater numbers of lower-income students.

Schools Chancellor Brings Joyful and Fierce Style is a short NY Times profile on the new NY Chancellor.

I’ve previously connected Pope Francis’ views to education issues. Ed Fuller has written a really interesting post about the Pope’s comments on the education going on in seminaries and making connections to what’s going on in our own classrooms.

This Time It’s Personal and Dangerous is by Barbara Bray. I’m adding it to the list where I have other resources on the idea of “personalized learning” — The Best Resources On “Race To The Top” (& On “Personalized Learning”).

States Grapple With Common Test-Score Cutoffs is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Next Generation” Of State Testing.