'forged link chain (5)' photo (c) 2009, Kirsten Skiles - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

I have a huge backlog of resources that I’ve been planning to post about in this blog but, just because of time constraints, have not gotten around to doing. Instead of letting that backlog grow bigger, I regularly grab a few and list them here with a minimal description. It forces me to look through these older links, and help me organize them for my own use. I hope others will find them helpful, too. These are resources that I didn’t include in my “Best Tweets” feature because I had planned to post about them, or because I didn’t even get around to sending a tweet them.

Here are This Week’s “Links I Should Have Posted About, But Didn’t”:

Good Time: 4 Ways to Reawaken Student Engagement is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles On Student Engagement.

8 Strategies for Teaching Academic Language is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Websites For Developing Academic English Skills & Vocabulary.

Teaching with Google+ is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning What Google+ Is All About.

Eric Sheninger hosts a very, very interesting discussion about using Google+ vs. using Twitter. I’m adding it to the same list.

A Question for the New Year: What Do You Want to Be Remembered For? is from TIME. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Doing A “One-Sentence Project.”

“Because” Wins 2013 Word of the Year Vote, Because Awesome is by Ben Zimmer. I’m adding it to The Best “Words Of The Year” Features For 2013.

Misspelling of the Year 2013 is from Dictionary.com. I’m adding it to the same list.

Economists agree: Raising the minimum wage reduces poverty is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Why Raising The Minimum Wage Is Important.

There’s a new official Bob Marley site. I’m adding it to The Best Websites For Learning About Bob Marley.

From Flying Boats to Jumbo Jets: 100 Years of Commercial Flight is a Wall Street Journal slideshow. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Flight.