The Best Sites For Learning About The International Space Station

'RRM Installed onto Permanent Home on the International Space Station' photo (c) 2013, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

With this week’s decision by the Obama Administration to extend the life of the International Space Station until 2024, I figured it was time for me to create a “Best” list on the facility.

It’s a quick one for now, and I’ll be adding more over the coming weeks.  Of course, I invite readers suggestions, too!

Here they are:

Deconstructing The ISS is a neat interactive about the International Space Station from The Washington Post.

I have a ton of videos and images take from the station on The Best Images Taken In Space list.

A Decade on the Fly: Building the International Space Station–Module by Module [Slide Show]

NASA has created an amazing slideshow of the International Space Station compiling photos taking from a recent Soyuz flight.

NASA’s multimedia presentation on the International Space Station provides excellent info.

This MSNBC video showing images of the recently-completed Station is pretty amazing.

The New York Times has a nice interactive timeline called “Assembling The International Space Station.” USA Today has a similar graphic.

Space Walk, from “Life In Space,” lets you simulate being an astronaut repairing the International Space Station.

The Boston Globe has some pretty amazing images of the International Space Station .

NASA has a great site about the International Space Station.  It has cool images and interviews with astronauts.

The interviews have a closed-captioned option, so that will make it more accessible to English Language Learners.

You might also be interested in A Collection Of “The Best…” Lists On Space.