Help Me Make A List Of Student Projects That Require Parent Engagement

'Academies and Lies - Rhonda Evans' film about Downhills parents' campaign - shown at N.U.T. annual conference' photo (c) 2012, Alan Stanton - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

I’ve just posted The Best Student Projects That Need Family Engagement — Contribute Your Lessons! over at my other blog, Engaging Parents In School.

I’ve love to compile a lengthy list of lessons teachers have used that have also required a high degree of parent engagement — where students have had to talk with family members and find out information from them; parents whom would not typically speak to a classroom come to share a particular expertise, etc. Of course, credit would be given.

You can leave a comment or send something to me via my contact form.

1. Hello Larry,

While I love this idea I think it’s important to keep in mind that many children live in “non-traditional” families – they may live with grandparents, a single parent, foster parents, group homes, etc. I just hope that the list you compile will keep this in mind so that we can include all caretakers in these types of projects.