'01/03/2014 ELT Conference Today' photo (c) 2014, Denise Krebs - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I’ve started a somewhat regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention:

my favourite ways of revisiting vocabulary is from Teaching English Notes. I’m adding it to The Best Sites Where ELL’s Can Learn Vocabulary.

Language Supports for English-Learners Ready for Smarter Balanced Field Tests is from Education Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Next Generation” Of State Testing.

Mobile learning: How students can improve their English anytime, anywhere is from The British Council. I’m adding it to The Best Mobile Apps For English Language Learners.

Activate – Games for Learning American English is from the American English site of the U.S. Department of State. It’s a useful and free downloadable book. I’m adding it to The Best Ideas For Using Games In The ESL/EFL/ELL Classroom. Thanks to Barbara Sakamoto for the tip.

Games in the language classroom: the When & the How is by Adam Simpson. I’m adding it to the same list.

Motivating speaking activities for lower levels is from The British Council and offers a number of good classroom ideas.

Self-assessment through learning journals – Chrysa Papalazarou is from The British Council. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Effective Student & Teacher Assessments.