'Pinterest' photo (c) 2013, Gustavo da Cunha Pimenta - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

I use Pinterest a lot (you can see my Boards here), and share a lot resources there you won’t find on this blog.

I’ve liked the site since it came online, but they’ve been a lesson on the worst ways to handle embedding their content. At first, it was quite easy. But then, they changed the system to a cumbersome two-step process and made all their old embeds defunct — in other words, if you had used their first system, most of those embeds stopped working!

However, it appears that they now may have learned from their mistakes. Now, embedding pins is a simple one-step process — click on a pin, then click on the forwarding arrow at the top next to the “send” button, and you’re given a simple embed code for that pin.

Plus, they’ve also created a embeddable widget that looks like a combination of a user’s boards that you can place on a website or blog. Here are their simple instructions on how to get it:

1. Visit your profile
2. Click the < > button to preview your widget and get the code you need to add it to your site

I’ve just put this widget on my sidebar:

Visit Larry’s profile on Pinterest.

I’m adding this info to The Best Guides To Figuring Out Pinterest.