The Best Video Clips & Full-Length Movies For Helping To Teach Persuasive Techniques (Help Me Find More)

'Asian Persuasion Food Track' photo (c) 2012, Mike Avila - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I have a ton of resources related to teaching persuasive writing (see The Best Online Resources For Helping Students Learn To Write Persuasive Essays), especially to English Language Learners.

I decided it would be helpful to find video clips to supplement teaching this unit, which I’m doing right now.

I was surprised to find that several other sites have developed great collections of video clips that would be very helpful, which I’ll list in this post.

I’d love to hear more suggestions. I’m especially interested in hearing ideas for full-length movies that would be useful. I use Luis Rodriguez’s book It Doesn’t Have to Be This Way/No tiene que ser asi: A Barrio Story/Una historia del barrio as an example (talking about persuasion related to joining — and not joining — a gang), and it would be great to find a full-length movie that I could use similarly — gang-related or not.

Here are the collections of useful video clips I’ve found:

Best Persuasive Speeches in film history? is from Reddit.

Persuasion in movies

WingClips Persuasion

Watch Know Learn:Persuasive