'National Day of Action in Defense of Public Education' photo (c) 2010, Fibonacci Blue - license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Here are some recent interesting posts and articles on educational policy issues:

L.A. Unified doesn’t have to release teachers’ names with performance ratings is from The Los Angeles Times. I’m adding it to The Best Posts About The LA Times Article On “Value-Added” Teacher Ratings.

A Walmart Fortune, Spreading Charter Schools is from The New York Times. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The Role Of Private Foundations In Education Policy.

What Will It Take to Educate the Gates Foundation? is by Anthony Cody. I’m adding it to the same list.

Aftermath: My Note to the Gates Foundation is by Rick Hess and John Thompson. I’m also adding it to the same list.

Republicans See Political Wedge in Common Core is from The New York Times.

Tennessee Legislature Rolls Back Test-Based Teacher Evaluation Law is from Diane Ravtich’s blog.

Common-Assessment Groups Differ on Accommodations is from Education Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Next Generation” Of State Testing.

With Philadelphia Shortfall, Schools Face Renewed Cuts is from The New York Times.