'Coloured pencils' photo (c) 2007, Alan Cleaver - license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Check out my Ed Week post, The Role Of Arts Education In Schools

Michelle Obama highlighted the importance of art education yesterday, I’m working with one of our art teachers on a joint ESL/art activity this week, and I have an upcoming column on the topic over at Education Week.

All these events combined to make me think it was time for a “Best” list. However, I’m not that sure what to include.

So, I’m starting off with a few links and hope that readers will contribute more:

Michelle Obama promotes arts education is from CBS News.

First Lady Michelle Obama promotes arts education program with White House talent show is from The PBS News Hour.

Top 10 skills children learn from the arts appeared in The Washington Post.

Why Arts Education Is Crucial, and Who’s Doing It Best is from Edutopia.

Ten Reasons Art Education Matters

Videos: Using Art As A Language-Learning Activity

“What Are We Losing By Eliminating Arts From the Curriculum?” Is Topic Of My Latest BAM! Radio Program

STEM is incredibly valuable, but if we want the best innovators we must teach the arts is from The Washington Post.

More than reading: Integrating art into your curriculum is from Multi Briefs.

The PBS News Hour aired this video segment (you can read the transcript here):

Big New Study Finds What All Teachers Know – Arts Education Helps Students In Many Ways

Using Arts Education to Help Other Lessons Stick is from The NY Times.

Again, I know this is just the tip of the iceberg. What are your recommendations?