I’ve started a somewhat regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention:

Ala. Puts Stop to Enrollment Policies That Discriminate Against Immigrants is from Education Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources To Learn About Alabama’s Awful Immigration Law (& Its Impact On Schools).

Guezzit looks like an intriguing game that can be played as a mobile app or as a Facebook application. I haven’t had time to try it out, but one of its features is a picture quiz for players to identify the correct descriptive words. Trying it is on my “to do” list, but if you get a chance to experiment with it, let me know if I’m right in my hunch that it could have potential for English Language Learners.

I’m a fan of having ELLS use online video games as a language learning activity. Escape From The Room With Framed Pictures is the latest game I’d have students use for this goal, and you can find its walkthrough here. Be sure to click on “English” for language.

4 fun and motivating grammar activities for beginner classes is by Adam Simpson. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Grammar Practice.

The British Council shares a number of good listening activities to do in class. I’m adding it to The Best Listening Sites For English Language Learners.