Here are some useful and relatively recent posts/articles on ed policy issues:

Lunch lady rises to teachers union leader and takes on all comers, bluntly is from The Washington Post.

“D.C. halting key Michelle Rhee reform: One of the first U.S. cities to judge teachers off of student test scores is now putting the practice on hold” is from Salon.

Run schools like a business? Flip that theory to see flaws is a great op-ed appearing in a North Carolina newspaper. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Explaining Why Schools Should Not Be Run Like Businesses.

Should it be Harder to Become a Teacher? Harder How? is by Dana Goldstein. I’m adding it to The Best Posts On Attracting The “Best Candidates” To Teaching.

Here’s a good video featuring a discussion of teacher tenure. I’m adding it to The Best Articles For Helping To Understand Both Why Teacher Tenure Is Important & The Reasons Behind Seniority-Based Layoffs:

The Holes in the Chetty et al VAM Study as Seen by the American Statistical Association is from Diane Ravtich’s blog. I’m adding it to The Best Posts On The NY Times-Featured Teacher Effectiveness Study.

What Explains KIPP’s Success? Peers May Be A Big Part of the Story is by Richard Kahlenberg. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Analyzing Charter Schools.