zaption

Zaption is a tool that lets you easily add videos with interactive questions for students, and then you can track student progress. They recently made it free-of-charge. It’s on A Potpourri Of The Best & Most Useful Video Sites list.

Today, they announced a “gallery” of ready-to-use video collections that have been created by educators and that others can use. They look pretty good, especially the U.S. History ones.

Our school’s technology capacity is pretty antiquated, so I don’t anticipate spending a lot of time creating new online content for my U.S. and World History English Language Learner students (since who knows what tech will be available when and, if it is available, if it’s going to work — a relatively minor inconvenience at an otherwise remarkable school). However, having these kind of resources available to reinforce what students are learning in the classroom can come in very handy. The tracking of student progress is quite easy — they don’t even have to register or sign-in to the site in order to answer the questions and have me view their responses.

So I anticipate posting links to a number of them on my U.S. History and World History class blogs.

I’m also adding Zaption to The Best Sites That Students Can Use Independently And Let Teachers Check On Progress.