Great Infographic, “A Taxonomy of Halloween Monsters,” Provides Idea For Higher-Order Thinking Lesson

I’ve written a lot about inductive learning, and this neat infographic provides an excellent idea for a higher-ordering thinking Halloween lesson.

As my Beginning and Intermediate English Language Learners study Halloween, they can start categorizing the different monsters and Halloween costumes they learn about — including writing/discussing them and providing reasons for their categorization decisions. I’m sure they’ll enjoy it, and there will be plenty of language-learning involved.

I’m adding this info to The Best Websites For Learning About Halloween.

A Taxonomy of Halloween Monsters

Thanks to Big Group for the infographic.

1. Hey Mr. Ferlazzo,
    I am an EDM 310 student at the University of South Alabama. I have scrolled through a few of your post, but this one stood out the most to me. I was unsure of inductive learning, but I did a little research. I learned that it help students strengthen their evidence-gathering skills. This blog post really got my attention, and I think it will be a fun topic your students will very-much be interested in. This is a perfect activity. Please share more!
    Ashlyn Hubbard