Here are some recent useful posts and articles on education policy issues:

Fired school leaders get big payouts is from The San Francisco Chronicle.

Eleven civil rights groups urge Obama to drop test-based K-12 ‘accountability’ system is from The Washington Post.

High-achieving teacher sues state over evaluation labeling her ‘ineffective’ is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Value-Added” Approach Towards Teacher Evaluation.

No, It’s Not “Nearly Impossible” to Fire Bad Teachers is a very good commentary by Nancy Flanagan about the offensive TIME Magazine cover this past week that insulted teachers.

Don’t abolish teacher tenure is by Donna Brazile. It appeared at CNN, and talks about the TIME piece, also.

I’m adding both of those columns to The Best Articles For Helping To Understand Both Why Teacher Tenure Is Important & The Reasons Behind Seniority-Based Layoffs.

Reinventing Teach For America
is by Jack Schneider at Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Raising Concerns About Teach For America.

This Is What Happens When You Criticize Teach for America is from The Nation. I’m adding it to the same list.

The Equity Projection is from The Shanker Blog. It gives a nuanced analysis to this week’s report on a charter school that pays its teachers up to $125,000 annually.

An incredibly revealing poll on teachers’ views of Common Core is from Vox. I’m adding it to A Collection Of My “Best” Lists On The Common Core.

California Race Brings Democrats’ Differences on Education Into Focus is from The New York Times.