The Best Resources For Teaching The Next Generation Science Standards To English Language Learners

Check out my Ed Week Teacher series, Teaching ELLs That ‘Science is a Verb’

I’ve just posted The Best Resources For Teaching Common Core Math To English Language Learners, and thought I’d publish this companion post, too.

Just as I’m interested in interviewing teachers who have had success teaching Common Core Math to ELLs, I’d like to talk with teachers who are effectively teaching the Next Generation Science Standards to them. Please leave a comment if you’re open to talking with me.

You might also be interested in The “All-Time” Best Science Sites . Of course, I also have a ton of other science-related “Best” lists, too.

Here are my choices for The Best Resources For Teaching The Next Generation Science Standards To English Language Learners (please suggest more):

Next Generation Science Standards and English-Learners is from Ed Week.

Teaching Science to English Language Learners: What do the NGSS Tell Us? is from Diane Staehr Fenner.

Language Demands and Opportunities in Relation to Next Generation Science Standards for English Language Learners: What Teachers Need to Know is from Understanding Language.

English Language Learners and the Next Generation Science Standards is from Next Generation Science.

Next Generation Science Standards and English Language Learners is from Project CORE.

Framework for English Language Proficiency Development Standards corresponding to the Common Core State Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards is from CCSSO.

New Science Standards Designed for Wide Range of Learners is from Education Week.

Cultivating Academic Language and Literacy in Science Instruction was the title of a recent Webinar, which I believe can be viewed for free.

Supporting ELLs in the Science Classroom: 5 Things to Do when Planning a Lesson is from The Science Penguin.

Seven Steps to Using Next Generation Science Standards with ELLs is from Common Core and ELLs.

Supporting ELLs in the Science Classroom: Part II is from The Science Penguin.

‘Makerspaces’ for science instruction also proving helpful for English learners is from Ed Source.

Unlocking Learning: Science as a Lever for English Learner Equity is from The Education Trust.

Report: Innovative science instruction boosts academic performance among English learners is from Ed Source.