Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in The Best Articles, Posts & Videos On Education Policy In 2014 – Part Two):

California, GOP on same page in bid to curb U.S. role in schools reform is from The Los Angeles Times. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles On The New NCLB Reauthorization Bill.

Everyone hates No Child Left Behind, and Congress is never going to change it is from Vox. I’m adding it to the same list.

The Differences Between Medical Tests and Standardized Tests is by Diane Ravitch. It doesn’t quite fit, but I’m still adding it to The Best Articles Highlighting Parallel Critiques Of Increasing School & Health Care “Efficiency.”

Separating fact from fiction in 21 claims about charter schools appeared in The Washington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Analyzing Charter Schools.

How Twitter is changing the national Common Core debate is an intriguing article about an interesting project. I’m adding it to The Best Articles Sharing Concerns About Common Core Standards.

How can you tell if scientific evidence is strong or weak? is from Vox. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Understanding How To Interpret Education Research.

Contentious teacher-related policies moving from legislatures to the courts is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Value-Added” Approach Towards Teacher Evaluation.

Rift escalates between Los Angeles teachers, district is from The Associated Press.

Rahm Emanuel Forced Into Runoff in Bid for Second Term as Chicago Mayor is from The New York Times. The Humbling of Rahm is from Politico.  You might be interested in The Best Resources On The Chicago Teachers’ Strike.

How AP History became so controversial that Oklahoma is trying to ban it is from Vox.  This is connected to The Best Posts & Articles On The Teacher & Student Protests In Colorado.