Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in The Best Articles, Posts & Videos On Education Policy In 2014 – Part Two):

The American Educational Research Association has come out with a special issue examining Value-Added Measurement for teacher evaluation. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Value-Added” Approach Towards Teacher Evaluation.

What Does the Research Say About Value-Added Models and Teacher Evaluation? is from David Powell at Ed Week. I’m adding it to the same list.

How schools are ‘bribing’ kids to take Common Core standardized tests is from The Washington Post.

Companies cash in on Common Core despite controversy is from CNBC.

Peter Greene: What Do Economists Know About Teachers? is from Diane Ravitch’s blog. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles About The Role Of Economists In Education.

A federal loophole that shortchanges poor schools is from The Washington Post, and is pretty interesting.

Why Governor Cuomo’s Education Proposals Are As Bad for Students As They Are for Teachers is from The Nation.

California Funding Formula May Miss Many High-Needs Students, Report Finds is from Ed Week, and is very concerning to me since it indicates that schools like ours may be negatively affected…