Check out End the Year With Moments ‘Students Will Remember’ is in my Education Week Teacher column.

Helping English-Learners End the School Year Strong is the title of the excerpt from our new book, The ELL Teacher’s Toolbox.

Three Ways To End The School Year Strong is the headline of one of my British Council posts.

Nine Ways to End This Crazy School Year Strong is the headline of one of my Education Week Teacher columns during the pandemic.

Wow, the school year has gone by fast, and it’s time to start thinking about how to end it well.

I’ve written and/or published a number of related resources over the years, and thought it was time to bring them all together — for your benefit and for mine.

Feel free to leave suggestions for additions in the comments section.

Here goes:

Finishing the School Year Strong is an excerpt from one of my books. That link is to its site on Education Week. Edutopia also republished it.

Ideas for English-Language Learners | Celebrating the End of the School Year is a piece I co-wrote for The New York Times Learning Network a couple of years ago.

Ideas for E.L.L.s | Celebrating the End of the School Year is Part Two topic of that New York Times post.

This New York Times interactive for ELLs is about reflecting back on the school year. Student read about the importance of reflecting on their feelings, choose the correct definition of three words, and write about their best moment in class during the year.

Here’s The End-of-Year Goal-Setting Activity I’ve Done With English Language Learners – Including Worksheet & Video

Here’s The Latest Reflection/Goal-Setting Sheet I’m Using With Students

What Do You Do To Keep Students (& You!) Focused Near The End Of The School Year?

“It’s Been A Pleasure Having You In Class This Year”

What Do You Do On The Last Day Of Class? (Part Two)

Here is a two-part series over at my Education Week Teacher column:

Ways to Use Class Time During the Last Two Weeks Of School

This post offers suggestions from two exceptional teacher authors: Roxanna Elden and Donalyn Miller.

Ideas for the Last Two Weeks of School — Part Two

This piece includes responses from three great educators: Chris Wejr, Alice Mercer and Bill Ivey.

End-of-Year Learning Can Be Meaningful & Fun appeared at Middleweb.

How to End the School Year Right is by Justin Minkel at Ed Week.

New Report Reveals How to Keep School Attendance, Enthusiasm High in June is from Ed Week.

“Everyone Is A Teacher” Is A New Engagement Strategy I’m Using & It Seems To Be Working

What to Do on Lame Duck School Days is from Jennifer Gonzalez.

Reflection Questions for Teachers and Students: A School Year Like No Other is from Colorin Colorado and is especially good for English Language Learner students and their teachers.

A Powerful Way to End the School Year is by Dr. Donna Wilson and Marcus Conyers. I’m adding it to The Best Ways To Finish The School Year Strong.

Wrapping Up the School Year: 5 Reflective End-of-Year Activities is from The Teaching Channel.

Here’s What I’m Doing As “Part Two” For My ELL Beginner Finals

Last week of school – time to say goodbye! is from Get Creative.

This Is Why I Make It A Priority To End Each Class & School Year On A Positive Note

Who I Am as a Reader – A Reading Memoir Writing Project is from Pernille Ripp, who writes about her end-of-the-year project.

HERE’S THE END-OF-YEAR GOAL-SETTING UNIT I’M USING WITH STUDENTS (VIDEOS & HANDOUTS INCLUDED!)

HERE’S THE YEAR-IN-REVIEW PRESENTATION PLAN MY STUDENTS USED THIS WEEK – HANDOUTS & SLIDESHOW EXAMPLES INCLUDED!

End of the Year Project: What Are YOU Curious About? is from Catlin Tucker.

How Can You Close the School Year? is from Facing History.

Activities to Connect and Celebrate at the End of the School Year is from Facing History.

Teachers Share How They Are Ending the School Year with Intention is from Facing History.

TWO SIMPLE ACTIVITIES I’M DOING THIS YEAR TO END THE SCHOOL YEAR