The Best Summaries/Reviews Of Research On Social Emotional Learning – Let Me Know What I’ve Missed

So much has been written about Social Emotional Learning – see The Best Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Resources.

But, really, who has time to read all of it? What’s a one-stop shop where you can get a pretty good overview of what it is, why it’s important, and how it might work in the classroom?

Here are a handful of recent reviews/studies that I think are pretty good. Let me ones you think should be added to the list:

The Need to Address Noncognitive Skills in the Education Policy Agenda is from The Economic Policy Institute.

Teaching Adolescents To Become Learners: The Role of Noncognitive Factors in Shaping School Performance: A Critical Literature Review is from The University of Chicago Consortium on Chicago School Research.

Social Emotional Learning in High School: How Three Urban High Schools Engage, Educate, and Empower Youth — Full Series is from Stanford.

The impact of non-cognitive skills on outcomes for young people is from The Education Endowment Foundation in the UK.

Here’s new report from the University of Chicago Consortium on Chicago School Research titled Foundations for Young Adult Success. You can read more about it at Ed Week.

Everyone Starts With An A is from RSA.

This New Report May Provide The Best Overview Available On Social Emotional Learning

Big New Report Issued On Social Emotional Learning

Psychology of Learning is from The Education Writers Association.