Two years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in The Best Resources, Articles & Blog Posts For Teachers Of ELLs In 2015 – So Far and The Best Websites For English Language Learner Students In 2015 – So Far.

Here are this week’s choices:

Great reading strategies: ‘First lines’ for developing comprehension is by Adam Simpson.

Free ebook – PARSNIPs in ELT: Stepping out of the Comfort Zone (vol. 1) is also by Adam Simpson. What does PARSNIPs stands for?

This is the lovely acronym for Politics, Alcohol, Religion, Sex, Narcotics, -Isms, and Pork. These are the DMZ of the ELT world, the no-go zones where coursebook publishers fear to tread (in case they lose customers)

I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles On How To Teach “Controversial” Topics.

Undocumented Immigrant Children Banned from Indiana Preschools is from Education Week.

Lawsuit claims state refuses to release data on English learners is from Ed Source and California education officials sued for records on English learners is a Sacramento Bee report on the same story.

I think the post highlighted in this first tweet has some really good ideas: