pbs

PBS Learning unveiled an iPad app today, but I think the teacher tools they announced are what educators will really find useful.

Once you register, you go to tools. There, you’ll see a screen like the image at the top of this post. The Storybuilder and Puzzle Builder are okay, but lots of other sites provide them (for example, see The Best Sites For Making Crossword Puzzles & Hangman Games).

But its the Lesson Builder that looks like it might have some real potential. It seems pretty easy to mix-and-match a nice lesson with quizzes that you can monitor.

Even more importantly, teachers will be able to share the lessons they create with other people registered on the site (though it’s not really clear to me how you can access them, perhaps because there aren’t any yet since they just opened for business today). So, it looks like I will be able to search for already-created lessons and use them with my own students, including seeing how they do on them.

I’m adding this info to The Best Sites That Students Can Use Independently And Let Teachers Check On Progress.