A Beginning List Of The Best Resources For Learning About Hurricane Patricia (& Hurricanes In General)

4949826521

Hurricane Patricia is making landfall in Mexico as I write this post, and my thoughts and prayers are with the hundreds of thousands of Mexicans affected by it. It appears to be the most severe hurricane ever recorded by meteorologists.

I’ll update this list in the coming days, but thought I’d start it now so teachers could use it to begin planning lessons for Monday. I’ll also be posting a related student interactive at my NY Times series for English Language Learners. It will appear early Monday morning and be on Hurricane Katrina, and can easily be related to Patricia.

You might also be interested in The Best Sites For Learning About Hurricanes.

Maps Tracking Hurricane Patricia is from The New York Times.

Hurricane Patricia Strikes Mexico: Live Updates is also from The NY Times.

Hurricane Patricia Strikes Mexico With 165 M.P.H. Winds is from The NY Times.

Patricia, the strongest hurricane ever recorded, makes landfall in Mexico is from CNN.

Monster Hurricane Patricia makes landfall in Mexico is from USA Today.

Maps: In the modern era of hurricane tracking, there has never been anything like Patricia is from The Washington Post.

A Hugely Powerful Hurricane Did Surprisingly Little Damage is from Five Thirty Eight.

1. Dear Dr. Ferlazzo,
    I do not even know where to begin with words of IMMENSE thanks for all you do to inform, teach, share such wisdom and exciting learning topics.

I check your email/website/blog everyday before I go to work and share, share, share!

You are AMAZING!!!!!!!

Tenney in CT at Norwich Free Academy (9-12 remedial reading)

Obrigade