Each week, I publish a post containing three or four particularly useful resources on classroom instruction, and you can see them all here.

You might also be interested in The Best Articles (And Blog Posts) Offering Practical Advice & Resources To Teachers In 2015 – So Far and The Best Resources On Class Instruction – 2015.

Here are this week’s picks:

Is homework a necessary evil? is a useful summary of research on…homework. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Homework Issues.

Activity – Where Am I Going Reflection Sheet is from Bill Ferriter, who provides useful downloadable materials.

The University of New Hampshire has a lot of good Writing Hand-outs, particularly around grammar issues and writing particular types of essays. I’m adding it to The Best Posts On Writing Instruction.

Jim Bentley share an excellent hand-out on context clues. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On “Close Reading” — Help Me Find More.

Demography Is Destiny? Teaching About Cause and Effect With Global Population Trends is from The New York Times Learning Network. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Our World’s Population Of 7 Billion.

Saying What You Mean Without Being Mean is from ASCD Educational Leadership is about talking with your colleagues, but has value in every situation.

Skype Connects Classrooms With Field Trips Around the World is from Ed Tech Magazine. I’m adding it to The Best Ways To Find Other Classes For Joint Online Projects.