The Best Ways To Use Stephen Curry & The Warriors For Teaching Social Emotional Learning Skills

8531320125

As regular readers know, I’m a big Golden State Warriors fan and regularly visualize myself as Stephen Curry when I’m often shooting three-pointers when I’m playing (unfortunately, the percentage of my shots that actually go in is far, far lower than Curry’s 🙂 ).

Today, Doug Lemov spotted and shared this great “Growth Mindset” headline and article from The Washington Post, and that got me thinking it might be useful to bring all my previous posts about the Warriors and SEL skills together in one “Best” list:

headline
currypost

Here are links to my previous posts (you also might be interested in The Best Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Resources :

Check out my student interactive for English Language Learners at the New York Times Learning Network uses basketball superstar Stephen Curry to teach about similes (and the importance of practice).

“Control Your Destiny”: Positive Self-Talk, Students & Stephen Curry

The Golden State Warriors & Social Emotional Learning

Excellent Examples Of Deliberate Practice To Use With Students

Here’s A Stephen Curry Quote Teachers Can Use With Their Students!

Stop Warming Up, Start Learning Up is by Daniel Coyle, and he uses Stephen Curry as an example of how to best “warm-up.”

I’m sure there will be more!

Go, Warriors!