The Best Teaching & Learning Resources About Harriet Tubman

16036782497

As everybody knows by know, Harriet Tubman’s image is going to replace Andrew Jackson on the front of the U.S. twenty-dollar bill.

I thought readers, and my students, would find it useful to collect related resources. I’ll be adding a link to this list to my U.S. History class blog, too.

Because of that, the resources I’ll list here first are accessible to English Language Learners. The ones near the end of the list are useful to mainstream students and to teachers:

Professor Garfield Harriet Tubman

Harriet Tubman Timeline

America’s Story: Harriet Tubman

Talking E-Book Biography of Tubman

9 Fascinating Facts About Harriet Tubman, the New Face of the $20 Bill is from TIME.

Langston Hughes on Harriet Tubman

thinkport Tubman interactive

Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill reminds us that access to cash is a civil rights issue is from The Washington Post.

Harriet Tubman to appear on $20 bill, while Alexander Hamilton remains on $10 bill is from The Washington Post.

You have no idea how hardcore Harriet Tubman really was is from The Washington Post.

Harriet Tubman Isn’t the First Black Woman to Appear on Currency in the U.S. is from Slate.

Five myths about Harriet Tubman is from The Washington Post.

Harriet Tubman’s Path to Freedom is an interactive from The NY Times.

I’m adding this list to All My “Best” Lists On Race, Racism & The Civil Rights Movement – In One Place.